Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Couple of Small Changes

Overall, I am obsessed with this class. I love the way it's set up. It helps to show that the education system doesn't have to work the way the institution make us think it does. Meaning, writing stupid systemic papers with no-expression and taking tests over information you cram to learn a couple days before a multiple choice test... So I could go on forever about how I hate the education system, but the point is I really enjoy this class and have benefited more from the assignments and interactions here than in most of my other classes.

There are a few small changes I would make to the class. One would be to at the beginning of the class have room for discussion so people can talk about their blogs, or someone else's blog. Allowing for question and discussion on a more personal level. I fell short often of commenting on other people's posts, not because I wasn't loving reading all of the posts. But I have trouble writing in a way that I didn't want to offend people or sound rude. This part of the class I think could use some changing...

The other thing I would recommend is a space to carry on after we have speakers so we have more of a chance to talk with each other about what was raised in class. I feel like there was little time devoted to after speakers talked, and too much time devoted to before they talked. So maybe have blogs due the day of the speaker, instead of the day before. I don't know just an idea.

Again, I'm not saying any of these things have to happen, they just might help the overall understanding of the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment