Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Music is the Answer

Music is everything to me.
I can change my mood through music,
I can channel thoughts and messages through music
I can find answers in music.
I can DANCE to music.
 I can do everything through music.

I wish I could play music better, but I can't. I have attempted guitar countless times, I played the flute in middle school, and I played the piano from Kindergarten through the 2nd grade. All were pretty unsuccessful. However I come from a family of musicians, both of my sisters are singers and performers. Seeing them sing brings me a lot of happiness.

Anytime I am having a bad day, the first thing I look for is the probability of live music in the area. When I hear good, live music; my heart beats a little faster. It's almost as if my mood changes in an instant.

Music is key to communication because it is the universal language. Almost everyone can hear or play music, and once it is performed, everyone hears it the same way. It doesn't matter if you know the language or the context behind the song, what matters is that you are hearing the exact same thing as someone else, the exact same way. Music allows people to express what they cannot in words or conversations.


1 comment:

  1. I find it fascinating that there are so many people in our class who come from a musical background. It's so true that music can brighten one's day and make them feel better. I don't necessarily look for live music when I'm in a bad mood, but I do play music that I know will cheer me up. Everyone can identify with music.

    ReplyDelete