Thursday, April 4, 2013

late but hopefully not too late

well, somehow I got caught up on projects for other classes this week and didn't even look to see if we had posts due this week... so whether or not I get the credit for this blog, I don't really care because I am excited to reflect on everything I have learned in this class. I have said it in the last post, but this is the way I LOVE to learn, I have benefited so much from engaging in this class and reading my classmates blog posts.

Coming into this class, I had a very strong opinion on what I thought about the conflict. When I first started studying this conflict, I had no position on whether or not which side of the conflict I agreed with  more. However, once the decision to make the wall was made, I started to lean more towards support for the Palestinian communities that were being destroyed. It's so hard for me, because I don't have a personal stake in any part of the conflict, especially because I don't really have religious affiliation any more. However, human rights are important to me. All human lives are important to me.

When it comes to the Holocaust, I can't even imagine having family attached to this horrific event in history. The Jewish population, in my opinion deserves a place, a home, somewhere to claim. However, I think they should use their knowledge of being oppressed to realize that while they can have a home, they shouldn't keep other people from coming to that home and making a place there too. I don't wanna talk to much about it, because it is a touchy subject... But, you should come talk to me more about it, if you don't agree or understand.

It's important to have different views, and I think people forget the value in it... We are so worried about fighting the people different from us, and my most general view is that people need to learn to accept difference. We are all different in some way, and there is no reason we shouldn't live peacefully together. My opinion, take it or leave it

No comments:

Post a Comment